At Apple Tree Cottage we have taken steps to minimise our impact on the planet.
Here are a few of our environmentally friendly actions:
- All laundry is dried outside on the line where possible
- Washing up liquid and hand soap is refillable to reduce plastic consumption
- Loo paper is from 'Who Gives A Crap'
- Cleaning products and dishwasher tablets are effective but kinder to the environment
- We leave a bottle of local milk in the fridge for a cup of tea after a long journey - oat milk available on request
- Guests are encouraged to recycle as much as they can
- A caddy is available in the kitchen should guests wish to compost their food waste on our compost heap
- The garden is planted with pollinators in mind and we never use chemicals on it
- Swallows are encouraged to nest in the roof of the garden house